We know that you care about how your personal information is used and shared, and we take your privacy very seriously. By visiting the Forbid website, you are accepting the practices outlined in this policy.
Information Collected by Forbid
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We collect the following types of information from our Forbid users:
Information You Provide to Us:
- We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
- Automatic Information:
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Forbid and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain "traffic data" on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, Forbid cookie information, and the page you requested. Forbid uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website.
- Forbid may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed. This includes User Profile pages.
- Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While Forbid will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
Forbid is very concerned about your privacy and we will never provide your email address to a third party without your explicit permission, as detailed in the "Sharing Your Information" section below. Forbid may send out e-mails with Forbid-related news, products, offers, surveys or promotions. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us, please follow the instructions contained in the unwanted e-mail message. However, please note that in all cases you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. Forbid cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or e-mail address is.
Sharing Your Information
Rest assured that we neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone and that we will share your personal information only as described below.
- Forbid Personnel: Forbid personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of Forbid business.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Forbid, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
- With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
Keeping Information Secure
Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
Ways to Control Display and Use of Your Information
As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our website.
If you do not wish to receive e-mail from us or other Forbid users, please follow the instructions contained in the unwanted e-mail message.
However, please note that you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
As explained earlier, the "help" portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of our attractive features.
Children Under 18 Years of Age
You must be 14 years and older to register to use the Forbid website. As a result, Forbid does not specifically collect information about children. If we learn that Forbid has collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. We recommend that minors between the ages of 14 and 18 ask and receive their parents' permission before using Forbid or sending information about themselves or anyone else over the Internet.
Conditions of Use